38 years selling the Valley
Search for Real Estate in and around The Comox Valley
Located in the 'Oak Bay' of the Comox Valley, you'll fall in love with the Comox Bay and Beaufort mountain view high bank waterfront home situated just a short stroll from downtown Comox and the Marina! Built-in 1984 this well cared for home is solid and awaits you to sit back and enjoy the never-ending wildlife activity that is constantly happening in the Bay. With 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and a full basement...
Welcome to a lovely 3 bedroom 2 bathroom rancher located in Ocean Grove Estates. Built in 2007 and still looking very young with hardie plank siding and a double width garage. This home has an eat-in kitchen and separate dining area. The master bedroom has a walk-in closet and ensuite. A separate walk-in shower is great for those of us with mobility problems and the main bath has the tub. The concrete patio h...
This gorgeous unique, west coast contemporary styled home sits on a large, private, park-like lot with mature trees, professional landscaping & the salmon bearing Brooklyn Creek meandering through. Seldom does such a special and private lot in the heart of town come to the market. The 1664 square foot home with 3 bedrooms and 2 full bathrooms is intelligently designed & has been very well maintained. Vaulted ...
This second floor 1 bedroom. 1 bath condo at Maplewood Manor is a perfect starter home or investment property. This well kept unit features in-suite laundry hook-ups, and nice balcony facing the side of the building. Lovely well maintained adult oriented development located close to shopping and other amenities. Rentals allowed, sorry no pets. Excellent tenant in place who would like to stay.Listed by Penny Lane Property Management Ltd.
Consulting a REALTOR®
REALTORS® are members of The Canadian Real Estate Association who subscribe to a Code of Ethics and Standards of Business Practice. Members of the Victoria Real Estate Board are members of both the British Columbia and Canadian Real Estate Associations.The following is a list of services you can expect to receive from a REALTOR® when you buy a home:
- A REALTOR® will fully explain the details of your working relationship (called "agency") so that you are clear as to when a REALTOR® is working for you or for the seller.
- A REALTOR® has access to hundreds of current listings of homes for sale because of a co- operative system called the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®).
- A REALTOR® can provide you with a customized list of homes that best meet your needs -- size, style, features, location, proximity to schools, shopping, etc. - and then make arrangements for you to view those homes that appeal to you the most.
- A REALTOR® will help you determine how big a home you can afford. REALTORs® are familiar with the local lending market and can offer helpful advice.
- A REALTOR® has no emotional ties to any type or style of home and can be objective in pointing out the merits of one home over another.
- A REALTOR® will have information on zoning changes, taxes, utility costs and school and recreation services that could affect your decision to buy a home in a specific area.
- A REALTOR® will assist you in negotiating the terms of your purchase, which can be a nerve- wracking process for someone who is not experienced in negotiating.
- A REALTOR® will advise you of the legal process required in obtaining title and taking possession of your property; the costs associated with buying a home such as insurance, mortgage registration and legal fees will be explained in detail.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Selling Your Home - Why it Pays to Use a REALTOR®
Before selling your home, you will need a clear understanding of the legal issues and potential pitfalls. One wrong action could result in a lot of cost and frustration, which is why it is essential to have a REALTOR® working with you, as he or she will make the sale of your home a successful and satisfying experience.Greater exposure
REALTORS® use the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®) to give your home maximum exposure. MLS® is a computer-based system that relays valuable information about your home to hundreds of REALTORS® and potential homebuyers.Setting a price
Setting a price for your home is an important but difficult process. Again, this is where the services of a REALTOR® prove invaluable. REALTORS® have the experience to help you understand how the market works and decide upon a realistic price that meets your goals. REALTORS® also pre-screen potential buyers to make sure only those who are serious and financially qualified view your home.
REALTORS® will also develop a marketing plan to help your property receive maximum exposure. This will likely include placing your home on the MLS® system and placing a "For Sale" sign on the front lawn. The plan will likely also include arranging open houses for other REALTORS® and potential buyers, and developing advertisements and feature sheets/mailers to market your home.
Once you have accepted an offer to buy your home, your REALTOR® will help ensure that all the proper paperwork is completed. He or she will also make sure that both parties meet the necessary conditions outlined in the agreement.Why working with a REALTOR® makes sense
When you work with a REALTOR® you will likely get a better price for your home than if you try to sell it yourself. Apart from the financial benefits, however, there is an extra measure of comfort and security that comes from having a REALTOR® on your side. Remember that REALTORS® are governed by a code of ethics and standards of business practice. They have also been trained and licensed under the provincial Real Estate Services Act to assist in transactions involving real property. When it comes to buying or selling property, using a REALTOR® just makes sense.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Arriving to the Comox Valley as an 8 year old with my military family the Valley has been a wonderful place to grow up and raise my family. I began working at the age of 10 with a paper route, then made the big move up to cleaning the animal cages in the local pet store and cleaning the parking lot of the Comox mall. That lead to working for a number of years at the Comox Super Value before deciding to follow my father and brother into the real estate business at the tender age of 20. It was a great start in the over heated 1980 market, that then turned sour in 81 and showed me just how quickly things can change. I have a hard time believing that I am entering my 38th year in the business, but those early lessons have served me and my clients well. I believe we will have another turn in the market and that does not have to have a huge negative effect on my clients, been prepared will allow them to take advantage of the great buys that often appear in slower times. And while we are entering a period of increasing interest rates that may be helpful in allowing our market to have a gentle leveling off.I look forward to helping my current, past and future clients find that ideal home or investment.