282 Anderton Road
38 years selling the Valley
Search for Real Estate in and around The Comox Valley
This is a wonderful private wooded acreage that has a gentle upward slope from its boundary along the E&N Railway right of way as it rises towards the west. The access is across the railroad right of way at the end of Herondale road. The property is now zoned RU-20 minimum lot size 49.4 acres and is not in the ALR. This would make an amazing private estate location and allows for two single family homes to be...
The historic Fisherman's Pub located on the Oyster River halfway between Courtenay and Campbell River has been serving customers since the first World War. If walls could talk! Although there have been upgrades the character and decor remain to maintain its original ambience. The property itself is 1.5 acres and features frontage on the Oyster River by the original Island Hwy and the old single lane wooden br...
Consulting a REALTOR®
REALTORS® are members of The Canadian Real Estate Association who subscribe to a Code of Ethics and Standards of Business Practice. Members of the Victoria Real Estate Board are members of both the British Columbia and Canadian Real Estate Associations.The following is a list of services you can expect to receive from a REALTOR® when you buy a home:
- A REALTOR® will fully explain the details of your working relationship (called "agency") so that you are clear as to when a REALTOR® is working for you or for the seller.
- A REALTOR® has access to hundreds of current listings of homes for sale because of a co- operative system called the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®).
- A REALTOR® can provide you with a customized list of homes that best meet your needs -- size, style, features, location, proximity to schools, shopping, etc. - and then make arrangements for you to view those homes that appeal to you the most.
- A REALTOR® will help you determine how big a home you can afford. REALTORs® are familiar with the local lending market and can offer helpful advice.
- A REALTOR® has no emotional ties to any type or style of home and can be objective in pointing out the merits of one home over another.
- A REALTOR® will have information on zoning changes, taxes, utility costs and school and recreation services that could affect your decision to buy a home in a specific area.
- A REALTOR® will assist you in negotiating the terms of your purchase, which can be a nerve- wracking process for someone who is not experienced in negotiating.
- A REALTOR® will advise you of the legal process required in obtaining title and taking possession of your property; the costs associated with buying a home such as insurance, mortgage registration and legal fees will be explained in detail.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Selling Your Home - Why it Pays to Use a REALTOR®
Before selling your home, you will need a clear understanding of the legal issues and potential pitfalls. One wrong action could result in a lot of cost and frustration, which is why it is essential to have a REALTOR® working with you, as he or she will make the sale of your home a successful and satisfying experience.Greater exposure
REALTORS® use the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®) to give your home maximum exposure. MLS® is a computer-based system that relays valuable information about your home to hundreds of REALTORS® and potential homebuyers.Setting a price
Setting a price for your home is an important but difficult process. Again, this is where the services of a REALTOR® prove invaluable. REALTORS® have the experience to help you understand how the market works and decide upon a realistic price that meets your goals. REALTORS® also pre-screen potential buyers to make sure only those who are serious and financially qualified view your home.
REALTORS® will also develop a marketing plan to help your property receive maximum exposure. This will likely include placing your home on the MLS® system and placing a "For Sale" sign on the front lawn. The plan will likely also include arranging open houses for other REALTORS® and potential buyers, and developing advertisements and feature sheets/mailers to market your home.
Once you have accepted an offer to buy your home, your REALTOR® will help ensure that all the proper paperwork is completed. He or she will also make sure that both parties meet the necessary conditions outlined in the agreement.Why working with a REALTOR® makes sense
When you work with a REALTOR® you will likely get a better price for your home than if you try to sell it yourself. Apart from the financial benefits, however, there is an extra measure of comfort and security that comes from having a REALTOR® on your side. Remember that REALTORS® are governed by a code of ethics and standards of business practice. They have also been trained and licensed under the provincial Real Estate Services Act to assist in transactions involving real property. When it comes to buying or selling property, using a REALTOR® just makes sense.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Arriving to the Comox Valley as an 8 year old with my military family the Valley has been a wonderful place to grow up and raise my family. I began working at the age of 10 with a paper route, then made the big move up to cleaning the animal cages in the local pet store and cleaning the parking lot of the Comox mall. That lead to working for a number of years at the Comox Super Value before deciding to follow my father and brother into the real estate business at the tender age of 20. It was a great start in the over heated 1980 market, that then turned sour in 81 and showed me just how quickly things can change. I have a hard time believing that I am entering my 38th year in the business, but those early lessons have served me and my clients well. I believe we will have another turn in the market and that does not have to have a huge negative effect on my clients, been prepared will allow them to take advantage of the great buys that often appear in slower times. And while we are entering a period of increasing interest rates that may be helpful in allowing our market to have a gentle leveling off.I look forward to helping my current, past and future clients find that ideal home or investment.